I’m sensing another recipe video on the way… I had a chance to play around with the chocolate again, (and to clarify that was in the kitchen) and I have to say this recipe turned out pretty extremely delicious, so I thought I’d post it here in case anyone wanted to give it a try before the video is ready. If you love chocolate, it really is worth it!
Roasted almond chocolate bars are one of my favorite chocolate bars, and after having had such good results with our chocolate almond brownie fudge recipe, better known on Youtube as the World’s Best Chocolate Almond Brownie Fudge, I started wondering if it would be possible to recreate roasted almond chocolate bars, but an improved version using the high quality chocolate or cacao powder that contains all of the nutrients real chocolate is supposed to contain ie. magnesium, chromium, iron, bliss chemical … As it turns out, it’s more than possible, tastes amazing and is really very easy to do.
This recipe is the first in an upcoming series of recipes that demonstrate that you can indulge in decadent foods while at the same time getting some life enhancing nutrients from them. This particular recipe includes mostly raw ingredients except for the roasted almonds, but if you prefer all raw then leave the almonds unroasted. I really like the flavor that the roasted almonds give though and you still get the nutrients from the raw almonds. I tested this recipe on some very picky eaters without letting them know of the health benefits and it got some great reviews! Try it out and see! The recipe is below if you’d like to print it out. Let us know how it went!
If you have any decadent recipes that are also nutrient rich we’d love to hear about them!
WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE ALMOND BROWNIE FUDGE
½ cup raw organic almonds
½ cup roasted organic almonds
1/4 cup roasted organic almonds (optional)
3/4 cup raw organic cacao powder
1 tbsp organic goji berry powder
1 ½ tbsp organic maca
1 ½ tsp organic vanilla bean
½ tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
3 tbsp organic cacao nibs (optional)
1/4 cup organic agave
½ cup organic coconut oil
1) Roast the 3/4 cup almonds then take ½ cup and powder it either in a coffee grinder or food processor. Take the remaining 1/4 cup roasted almonds and chop them into small pieces.
2) Melt the coconut oil. Put the 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a jar and place in a bowl filled with hot water until it is melted.
3) Take the ½ cup of raw almonds and powder them either in a coffee grinder or a food processor.
4) Mix together: the powdered raw almonds, the powdered roasted almonds, the goji berry powder, the maca powder, the ground vanilla beans, the salt and the cacao powder (you can use cocoa powder but you just won’t get all of the nutrients you get from the raw cacao powder). Then put through a sifter. (Sifting is not absolutely necessary but it creates a finer consistency.)
5) Add in the agave and the coconut oil and mix well.
6) Add in the 1/4 cup roasted and chopped almonds and the cacao nibs and mix
7) Pour into a 6 x 8 pan and refrigerate for 1 hour
8) Cut into squares and store in the freezer